- AES awards the bachelors degree program in the College of Engineering at MSU.
- AES is a 120 credit hour program. You can finish all requirements of AES in 8 semesters averaging 15 credit hours per semester.
- AES students take core courses across most of other engineering majors. Courses are selected to heighten the cross fertilization of disciplines and to emphasize systems level understanding.
- The AES specific specific courses take it to the next level by putting into practice an integrated perspective for "Global Systems" in a sophomore course, in "Sustainable Systems" at the junior level, and in the senior capstone course that tops off the program.
- Courses taken from the MSU College of Business distinguish AES as an interdisciplinary program that combines a strong technical background along side a strong emphasis on understanding the principles and practice of modern business.
- Every AES student chooses among one of four 21 credit paths to complete their degrees - these are the "concentrations" of AES.
- The Tech Sales and Marketing and the Supply Chain Management concentrations focus on key areas of modern business, particularly for high tech companies. Both are completed with additional courses largely in the College of Business.
- The Computer Science and Information Technology concentrations focus on information technology. Both are fashioned to develop managers in the IT area. (The Information Technology concentration is planned to roll out in Fall 2012.)